Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Cast in Hellfire by SM Reine



Book 2, The Mage Craft Series

If you've been wondering about Seth, you get your answers ... But it's not what you think.

This book picks up exactly where book 1 left off. Marion is supposed to be dealing with the Winter Court. She's the Steward and supposed to be getting it back to normal function, along with figuring out just how to deal with the angels. Meanwhile, Seth gets a lead on Marion's memories that they track all the way to hell. Hell is basically sucking the life out of Marion, Arawn (THE MAN in hell) is proving to be formidable and has taken a liking to Charity. Meanwhile, Seth finally gets some information about himself. Let's be for real ... More than half the shit in this book that happens, you don't see it coming. *fist pump* And by the end of it, you're going to want ErlKonig dead as much as I do.

What did I like? What was there NOT to like? The entirety of SM's books have an incredible world that has been built. It carries over from book to book so you never feel lost. Sure, there are many other series' but they're interconnected. I like Marion a lot more in this book than I did in book 1. I'm enjoying the puzzle pieces ... ESPECIALLY the bomb dropped by Elise on the last page. IT WAS HUGE! I MEAN HUGE! Anyway ... This book is full of puzzle pieces being put together ... So many questions are sort-of answered, with more asked. I enjoyed walking through Hell, actually. I enjoyed the being that Seth spoke with while he was down there. I REALLY loved the detail put into The Hounds. I thought they were phenomenal.

What did I not like? I hate ErlKonig but ... I also ... Like his character. He's an a-hole, we know that, but he's SO convincing that I just have to roll with him.

I'm excited to find out how this works out in book 3. If the cover is any indication, I may end up crying, lol. Outside of that, I loved it!

By the way, I enjoy Marion having brown hair. It's the little things that make me happy. YAS!


5 Stars
Seth (Black) Arawn (Black)

BTW: OMG GEOFF!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKED HIM SO MUCH IN THE WAR OF THE ALPHAS SERIES, WHAT THE HELL?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment