Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Kate Daniels Series



So I got hooked up with my local library and found that they had the Kate Daniels audio books 1-6. I burned through them and am now completely in love with Ilona Andrews and the Kate Daniels series.

I won't completely review it since I burned through all of them, and plus this isn't a new series. Many people have suggested this series to me for years but I never got around to it until recently.

I am SO in love.

This series, much like Jane Yellowrock, is incredibly diverse. It's set in future Atlanta where magic and technology battle for dominance and you have to work with what you got when you got it. Everyone is amazing, Kate is a boss. Curran is yummmmmmmmmmm. I tend to really love Dolittle, Derrick, Escanio, Dali, and Jim. I'd probably have dirty dreams bout Jim. You get attached to Kate very quickly.

See, I went out of order when listening. I started at book 6, then went to book 4, then to book 2 and went forward. It was awkward and didn't care. It was all amazing.

Anyway, if you haven't given this series a shot, please please please do it. No, the two leads are not minorities but nearly everyone else is. The series is so worth it. Please please please!

I will most likely properly start reviewing when her new one is released. Maybe it's out. I think I'll wait for audiobook, lol. I kinda like Renee Raudman's voice.



5 Stars (all books)

1 comment:

  1. I am such a huge fan of this writing team. I find it hard to read any other authors - save Jim Butcher or Kevin Hearne - when I finish one of their books. It's like everything else is so....blah. Signed - another POC who loves Urban Fantasy and Paranormal books

    ReplyDelete