Saturday, April 27, 2013

Lord Of The Abyss by Nalini Singh

Royal House Of Shadows, Book 4

Liliana is the ugly, and slightly deformed, daughter of a man called the Blood Sorcerer. She casts a spell and ends up in the Black Castle. Not only does she drop out of nowhere, but she drops almost in front of the Guardian of the Abyss. Instead of killing her, like I thought he should have considering his reputation, he throws her in the dungeon to decide what to do with her later. Why? Because she doesn't cower in fear.

I can dig that but it's been done a lot. Anyway ... We find out that Liliana is on a mission to keep the kingdom of Elden from dying and the way to do that is to get this Guardian to remember his old life.

Liliana is described as being dark skinned, hooked nosed, whip backed, and has one leg shorter than the other, but the Guardian ends up thinking she's the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. Of course. This, plus her tales, cause him to begin to remember his life and fall in love with her in the process.

Once all that lovey stuff is worked out, they start their journey to Elden to face Liliana's father and reclaim the land. Thankfully I 'saw' every single detail of this novella. It was quick but it wasn't lacking anything. I could do without the sex. I'm sick of sex in books. I just want to read the story, get in the middle of a fight, and have a good nights rest. I don't understand but anyway ... Aside from the sex, the novella was actually pretty decent. I'm still not a big fan of Nalini's work, but maybe I'll get there one day.


3 Stars
Liliana (Dark Skinned) Guardian (White?)

No comments:

Post a Comment