Friday, January 18, 2013

Concrete Savior by Yvonne Navarro

Dark Redemption, Book 2

Disappointment has set in. After reading book 1, I just knew book 2 was going to be even better. Yes, book 2 was good but doesn't come close to the first.

First problem is that their are so many characters' POV's to keep up with. That's really the main problem. In book 2, a different demon is using a Nephilim and a seer to get the dirty work done. I liked the concept a lot ... Here is this woman, Georgina, who sees things but is being used for her ability. Why? You would need to read it to find out but her visions involve saving people who are slated to die. A whole host of problems erupt from that. Aside from that, we meet the Nephilim involved, someone connected to Georgina that is the fire behind her help, and a relative of Eran's that pops up deciding to take Brynna from him.

This book jumps around A LOT from POV to POV so the meat of the book isn't even focused on Brynna and Eran anymore. Most of it is set up to where Brynna and Eran would really come in. I still like Brynna as my heroine even though she nearly lost a fight ... But come on ... She was outnumbered. I didn't like the way the big fight ended AT ALL. I thought it was just too easy and a cop out and it has me wondering how a big fight will end in the next book ... Whenever it's released.

I'm really on the fence because I should have enjoyed it but I just didn't all that much. I think I may keep with the series but it won't be on my stalker list.



3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment