Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 In Retrospect

During the course of the year, I read around 40 books. This post is just me ranting about the good ones, the bad ones, and the ones I completely forgot about.

The Good: Consequences by Aleatha Romig, Truth by Aleatha Romig, Death's Rival by Faith Hunter, Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul by Dicey Grenor, A Taste of Fire by R. Tezak, Burning Bush by Kenya Wright, Nighwalker by Allyson James, Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul by Dicey Grenor, Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul by Dicey Grenor, Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright

The Best: Death's Rival ... A Taste of Fire ... Consequences ... Truth

I Read That? Oh Yea ...: Embrace The Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney, Boyfriend from Hell by Jamie Quaid, Queen Of The Storm by Molly Diamond, Tornado Siren by Patrick Gabridge, The Departed by Shiloh Walker

Didn't Finish But Didn't Forget I Sort-Of Read it: Until The Sun Falls From The Sky by Kristen Ashley

Not The Best But Still Decent: Better Off Red by Rebekah Weatherspoon, To Balance The Grey by Janet Eckford, Chosen by Denise Grover Swank, Jack and Djinn by Amber Sweetapple

Biggest Disappointment: Nightborn by Lynn Viehl (which I never finished), Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead

---------------

In 2013, I'm committing myself to finishing my own book. I currently have 3 series' bouncing around in my head with lots of jumbled ideas but I can't sit long enough to focus. This is my year ... I'm going to do it. I decided that ... I read all these books looking for the one book that has everything in it that's just right ... Just freaking right ... Characters, plot, setting ... Everything ... But I haven't found it. Some are close (Jane Yellowrock Series) but it's not what I would write. And since I have yet to read the book that I want to read, I'm going to write it myself and hope someone else likes it too. Lol. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment