Friday, December 14, 2012

Don't Call Me Angel by Alicia Wright Brewster

Forsaken, Book 0.5

I always struggle with what rating to give books that are so short ... I really don't know.

Anywho ...

It seems like it took me 18 years to get to this. I'd been wanting to wait until it was almost the release of the actual book 1 so I don't get all antsy if I really like this prequel. I should have just not bought it. Six is a fallen angel who escaped from hell with her 'friend' Alden. Since this is a short book, I will try not to give away much ... It literally only took me an hour to read (is that fast for this? Slow? Who knows ...). Anyway, Six has to come to grips with the fact that she's been in hell for centuries since being cast out of Heaven and now is on Earth trying to decide how she feels about all the ungrateful people walking around there. Not only the people ... But she's not comfortable with any type of compassion she may have for whoever. However, she really can't help it since she used to be an actual angel before she was Six. The significance of her name being a number is important so I won't go there, lol.

I'm quite interested in how this series will play out. I absolutely love Six and everything she stands for. I love her internal struggles the most because it really plays out well in her day to day life; this new day to day life that she's living. I want to know more about her new friend, Cara, as well as the relationship she had with Luke (*fans self*). I'm sure our author will give us all that info in book one. Thank you for the prequel ... How it relates to book 1 is yet to be seen. I think this is the very first time I've actually read a prequel before the actual novel came out. Yay me!


4 Stars
IR: Six (brown skinned ... I'm calling her AA because she's not a sugar coated brown, lol). Luke (some kind of White but since he's Luke it kind of doesn't matter, lol ... I have a feeling I'm gonna love him).

No comments:

Post a Comment