Saturday, December 1, 2012

Consequences by Aleatha Romig

Consequences, Book 1

It's not often that I go outside of the norm and read something that could be remotely real. I was checking goodreads from my cell phone using the app and kept seeing updates from a friend about a book called Consequences. All of her updates were phrases that registered shock, anger and a full range of emotions. After maybe 3 updates, I decided to go on and purchase the book for my Kindle.

Consequences tells the story of Anthony Rawlings. He's a multibillionaire who stalked, drugged and kidnapped Claire Nichols. Claire wakes up in a strange bedroom. The main door is locked, she's groggy and in pain and desperate for answers. One inspection of her body in the mirror makes it clear that she'd been raped and beaten but yet couldn't remember what was going on. Anthony Rawlings swindled Claire into a bogus 'business deal.' He would pay off $250,000 in debt if she would do as HE pleased until he decided her debt was paid. Anthony Rawlings slowly and methodically mentally, physically and emotionally abused Claire with every passing thought. If she did not answer a question properly, or did not behave properly, she was met with the consequences of her decision. Often, it was rape. Romig never goes into detail but the intent is stated plainly. And each time Claire is defiled, a piece of me broke for her.

Never, while reading a book, have I wanted to cry for someone, found myself screaming at my Kindle, wishing for relief, wiping my forehead because I was so distraught, and overall perplexed that someone could be this way ... All at the same time.

This was a mind f*ck for the ages. Stockholm was decided upon AFTER Romig wrote this book.

I just ... I feel horrible for everyone Rawlings has in his life. Freaking horrible!

Every single thing was planned and calculated to perfection. Anthony Rawlings was a mastermind. He had one goal in mind and you must read the book to find out what it was. His use of Claire dated back to decades ago and you will be even more upset when you find out how he felt about her use in the end. I can't tell you one single thing that happened. I can, but I won't. You need to read this. You need to be shocked. You need to get upset. You need to experience the betrayal. You need to feel that whirlwind of emotions. And by the end ... You will NEED to purchase book 2. I'm about to do that right now.

I don't have the strength to start reading yet ... I just don't freaking don't.


10 Stars (5 :-))

1 comment:

  1. OMG. This book had me from the very first chapter. Very well written, very suspenseful with a lot of twists/turns. What would you do if you met a very handsome multi millionaire that said he would pay off all your debts? This is what happens. Claire is a bartender, meets a man, goes out with him then wakes up in a suite in a mansion far away from home. She has no idea how she got there, why she's there, or even where she's at. This book kept me up at night wanting to find out more. Would definitely read another book from this author. It ROCKED.

    Marlene Detierro (Rogue River Country)

    ReplyDelete