Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh

Guild Hunter, Book 1

I'm probably VERY late to the party as far as being a fan of Nalini Singh. I've heard lots of good things about how diverse her series' are but never got around to it. I checked out the e-book from my library and was really surprised at how much I liked it.

Elena Devereaux is a white haired born hunter. She has an ability that allows her to really be good at hunting vampires whether they be rogue or need returning to whoever 'owns' them. Elena is needed on a hunt by the Archangel Raphael. Raphael is mister badass that you don't utter a bad word to or he will kill you without having to blink. We find that he hires her to find an archangel that has undergone a rather interesting transition. A transition that without Elena, they would never be able to find him and put a stop to him. Why? Elena has the ability to smell a vampire. And even though this guy is not a vamp, it proves to be very useful.

This romance that takes place between Raphael and Elena is rather interesting. It's definitely not a run of the mill romance which is what I liked most about the pairing. It's not mushy and overindulgent ... It's literally two stubborn people who are into each other ... And it really feels that way.

I loved the book and am looking forward to getting book 2 from the library. My only gripe is that their wasn't enough action. Well ... I mean their was ... Lots to really wet your senses with but I think I just wanted more combat. Maybe that's not it ... It seems like their was just 1 small thing that's keeping me from giving this 5 stars ... I just don't freaking know. Maybe it's Elena's family situation. Maybe it's Dmitri. Maybe it's Ransom Whitewolf. And none of these things are bad ... Something is just missing. I don't freaking know what. But at any rate, I'm definitely going to continue.


4 Stars
IR: Lots ... Elena is some kind of Persian/Moroccan. I believe Sara and Michaela are some form of Black. Ransom is half NA and half Dutch.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--a 4-stars, huh?
    From you, that is saying a lot because you are stingy with your ratings!!!

    I am glad you liked it. I enjoyed it and I think it was a 4-star read for me too. Keep reading. I just finished Book 4--Archangel's Blade and that was my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete