Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul by Dicey Grenor

Narcoleptic Vampire, Book 3

Oh ... My ... F*ck!!!!!!!!!! That ending ... Oh my F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ... In this Sleepy Willow installment, we pick up where we left off as Willow was being kidnapped. From the very beginning of this book until chapter 3 or 4, I went through this rollercoaster of emotions with Willow. I was afraid for her, angry for her, nearly in tears for her, enraged with her ... Just everything. It was seriously emotional. I never thought things could get that 'serious' in this series. Of course, it's not like full on tear jerking drama, but I guess since I'm so invested in Willow, I feel for her completely. Once that moment passes we pull up on a lot of sex ...

Sure, Willow seems to be fueled by sex but this book seems to have more of it than the last. If I'm wrong, blame it on the fact that I have a terrible memory but I felt like this had more sex than story. Yes, the story that was there was great, but I felt like we were given sex to pass the pages. I never mind reading the type of chemistry Grenor creates but it just seemed like too much this time. But I will say ... Her fun with Conda was definitely worth the read.

Thankfully, she becomes that Maistress Vampire she's been wanting to be but with it comes massive responsibility  We get more info on the prophecy, what is expected for her and how she may react to it. I will say again ... That ending ... Was ... WOW ... I don't know why it rocked me so much but I feel as though since Willow has a lot of issues with religion in this book ... It's a big deal. The ending was love ... I wish their was more sustenance in this book but still good and can't wait for the next book.


4 Stars
IR all over the place

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing this installment, as well, Deva! Can you believe a few of my betas said there WASN'T ENOUGH sex? I was like "Whoa, now. Y'all gon' have folks mad at me." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the ending...gave me chills and rapid heart beat. Of course, at the time I thought it was all the energy drinks and lack of sleep, but I had fun writing it. I'm so glad you enjoyed that part. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl ... If I would have had the physical book in my hands, I would have been tearing through it looking for extra pages to read after that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete