Thursday, October 11, 2012

Death's Rival by Faith Hunter

Jane Yellowrock, Book 5

I have read a lot of good stuff this year but nothing in my entire f*cking life will top this. I'm talking a full flat out f*cking war ... MORE THAN 1 WAR ... Swords ... Guns ... Flash bombs ... Look ... I can't ... This ... Oh my God ...

So ... Does anyone remember that 'hitman' that Jane killed in her hotel room in the last novel? That comes back to bite her HARD. It bites so hard that what she did starts a vampire war of nearly epic proportions. I can't f*cking think ... I can't ... Let me breathe. Let me ... Ok ...

Their is a lot of deceit going on in this book. I can't get my thoughts together ... SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At one point in the book, Jane was being so bad ass I slapped my knee and twirked my neck, then said in the most ghetto way possible 'Jane gon get them hoes! Go get them hoes, Jane!' I just ... I can't comprehend anything. Jesus!

This is the best in the series. I'm sure I've said it about previous books in this series but it really is. I'm not kidding.

Forget it ... I can't even begin to tell you what was happening. I just can't. Let me try ... Ok ... For one, Jane decides to get some people of her own. They come in the form of an ex Army Ranger and his little hacker brother. Both guys I find incredibly cool. Their is mounting tension between Jane and Derek ... Not in a good way ... But in a great way that will hopefully lead up to one hell of  fight that I would give a paycheck to see on PPV. Bruiser becomes even more sexy, if possible ... Rick makes a reappearance and is quite cutesy ... Jane becomes dinner ... She hulks up and gets rid of a major player ... I can't. I can't do anything else right now. I can't. I'm gonna read this again tomorrow. Sh!t. I can't even think right now.

Action, action, action ... So much going on and it's beautifully written, so intense and fun to read. Jesus ... WOW! I can't. I need to go to bed. I CAN'T SLEEP AFTER THAT!

She kicked so much ass ... Took names ... Got damnit! DAMNIT!


10 stars ... That just made no sense but you know what I'm saying.
Jane is Native American, the military boys are Black ... If Jane and Bruiser don't work out, I see potential with her biracial (B/W) Army man, Eli. *fist pump*

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh. I've heard a lot about this one. I've got to get to this series.

    ReplyDelete