Monday, April 2, 2012

To Balance The Gray by Janet Eckford


Goddess Chosen, Book 1

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by this. It's a shorty on Kindle but I absolutely loved it.

Dev is a fiesty black female assassin who, somehow, found herself taking care of 3 adorable children. When the oldest child, Jett, comes to her apartment to ask for help, she complies and ends up taking them on a journey to find their family. Half way there, we meet Duke who is a wolf shifter Alpha that drops some major knowledge on Dev about the children. Blahblahblah, the kids settle with him, blahblahblah, Dev is fitting in, blahblahblah, let's go kill someone. BTW, it's gently erotic. You know I normally stay away from those but thankfully this author has realized that a short book needs to have substance and not just a ton of effing. Ive read short books where their was so much effing I forgot what I was reading about. It's also not nasty, THANK GOODNESS. I don't even think I saw the word 'cock' once. Thank you, Janet! You kept things balanced perfectly.

Sure it sounds very boring with how I described it but you would not be disappointed in Dev. She's got a mouth on her that tickles the crap out of me. I am interested in finding out what is to happen as the book leaves you at a bit of a cliffhanger, I will be purchasing book 2 (after a wait to see if it will drop down from it's $3.99 price tag. This book is 109pgs but book 2 is 75. It's too short to cost that amount.), and do strongly urge you to grab this short book and enjoy it as much as I did.


3 Stars
IR: BWWM

No comments:

Post a Comment