Sunday, January 22, 2012

Richelle Speaks on Shadow Heir



So yea, I was one of those people who was incredibly pissed about the ending of the Dark Swan series. Mainly because their were too many things left unanswered and I wouldn't have minded had it not been the end of the series. So I think she got tired of people yelling about it and decided to post this. Theirs more on her blog but this is what's important.

------------------------------------------------

Anyway, if you've read SH, you probably know that the ending resolves some things...but not others. Obviously, this troubles some people since there's a big, big question left open there. I had a couple of reasons for ending it it in that OMG way. One is that I kind of like leaving a little mystery at the end, kind of like in the 1980s Flash Gordon movie when Ming's ring starts glowing. (IS HE REALLY DEAD? IS HE COMING BACK?). I don't always want to have every single detail neat and tidy at the end of a series. It can feel a little too perfect. I like to think about things afterward and leave a few open doors. Many have asked if I have plans, on some far off day, to wrap up some of the remaining mysteries.

My answer? You never know. :)


------------------------------------------------

I, personally, can't understand why you would end a series (maybe) on that note but I'm not her. If she's happy, good for her, but since I'm one of the many who invested time (and money) into this series, I think my opinion is warranted. So let's hope that she reopens this case, but then again, I'm still so ticked about this that I may not be following this author by the time she decides to clear it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment