Thursday, January 5, 2012

Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter


Jane Yellowrock, Book 4

I'm a little torn. After having read some duds, I was hoping this book would blow me away much like Book 3 did. I liked it but I didn't just LOVE it. Raven Cursed is about a ton of secrets that Evil Evie (Evangeline Everhart) is carrying, that her sisters don't know about. Jane is only tipped off by Mollys son, Little Evan, who basically says 'please help,' then she realizes something isn't right. On top of dealing with Evil Evie's odd transformation, Ricky Bo has never looked better. He's gone from handsome to dead sexy ... Like Ryan Gosling sexy ... That type of sexy where you just fall and spread your legs then hope he falls between them. Yea, like that. Beast claims Ricky but that doesn't stop Bruiser (George Dumas) from holding onto the hope that Jane will let him 'court' her. Aside from the romantical interests thrown her way, she's supposed to be protecting a vamp during parlay, tracking down werewolves who are trying to turn people, figuring out what the hell Evie has to do with all of this AND what that thing in Evie's basement is (Raven).

1. It started slow for me but of course picked up. However, there was too much detective work going on in this one for me. I like Jane to be kicking ass and taking names. 2. Angie Baby ... I don't think I can ever get enough of her. Just a child but a scary strong witch and immense love for Jane. I love her. 3. I'm glad that Big Evan finally came around ... Sort of. 4. I'm SO happy Evie was dealt with. I couldn't stand that tramp. 5. Rick's decision is leaving me pissed. I spent this whole book feeling warm and fuzzy inside because Rick and Jane were getting it on, Beast was claiming him and things looked peachy. 6. What will Jane do next? 7. Little Evan ... I can't help but wonder what he'll be like as he gets older.

Overall, the book was good. Highly recommended but not my favorite of the series.

3 1/2 Stars
IR: Jane (NA) Ricky Bo (A lot of ish, lol)
Casting: I have no idea. Their are no NA female actresses to pull from. And I'm not talking about a heavily diluted one like Charisma Carpenter or Megan Fox. I want the real deal for Jane.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Deva. I'm just starting this, but I'm a Bruiser fan myself. :) I have a thing for men in Armani, lol. Think Mircea in the Cassie Palmer series.

    I'm following you now. Oh, and definitely get Better Part of Darkness. It's awesome.
    Stop by and check out our blog when you get a chance.

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following it! Thank you, Maja!

    ReplyDelete