Friday, December 9, 2011

Head Rush by Carolyn Crane


The Disillusionist Trilogy, Book 3

What do I say? I'm at a loss for words. I really don't know how to start this. Ok wait, let me think ......................

Ok. What I loved about this trilogy, as a whole, is that it was light hearted. I thought each character was very well crafted and each book showed you a different piece of each person.

What do I say? Ok ... See ... A bad ending can kill a great book for me. This ending was not bad by any means but it was kind of anticlimactic. Ok, the big stuff that goes down at the end is great, but what comes after is what is leaving me stumped. It's like, you don't put me through all this stuff and then do this ... I mean sure, everyone loves a happy ending and I don't mind them, but I don't want them to be SO happy that you're like ... WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BAD CRAP THAT JUST HAPPENED? That's what I'm feeling right now.

1. I love what was done as far as revisions go and how they are worked through. 2. I love the rollerblading, it's a passion of mine. Well, not a passion, but I love it. 3. I want an entire book or series dedicated to Simon, he just makes my day so much brighter. 4. I was right with Justine in feeling bad for Otto. I see where she was coming from in just about every situation. However, Justine was a little naive ... She reminded me of an independent teenager who was confused about which boy to take to the prom. But its part of her appeal. 5. The way the prophecy plays out ... Yea I dig it, sort of. It's just the part that deals with Otto is part of that WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BAD STUFF ending that I can't quite elaborate on.

Yea, this review is dirt crap but I am honestly in a loss for words. I don't know how I'm feeling at all about this. A bad ending always ruins an amazing book for me. And even though it's not ruined, it just leaves me feeling like ... Ok well on to the next book. The ending was also predictable but I was really hoping Crane would throw us for a loop ... Alas, what we thought would happen, happened. Still, I love it, the trilogy is a fun read and I will tell anyone I know to get into it.


3 1/2 Stars
Casting: Justine - Sophia Bush. Shelby - Jessie J. Packard - Simon Woods (Pride and Prejudice). Simon - I don't know. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I loved the first two. Now I'm afraid to read this one, which I preordered on Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid :-) The reviews on this one are really good. I haven't seen a bad review of it yet.

    ReplyDelete