Friday, October 14, 2011

Black Gold by Vivian Arend


Takhini Wolves, Book 1

I'll keep this brief. I really just kind of thought it was 'meh.' Why? Because I could tell a woman wrote this book. Shaun seemed basically like a female with a few male tendencies and a penis to go with it. Yea, it's like that. I've met lesbians more manly than Shaun. Gem was ok, typical spoiled brat but she took things in stride and that was nice. I will say that the Shaun/Gem match was good since Gem was spoiled and Shaun was pretty soft. I actually hated Caroline/Evan because I felt like Caroline was just extra and not really needed at all. So yea, meh ...

It felt like the book didn't really go anywhere. Yes, she was there for research purposes but what happened when she got there had me shaking my head. Where was the action? There was none except some silly fights with bears that was just ... *sigh* ... The book was just ok, but I won't be continuing the series.

2 Stars
IR: Gemmita (Black)

1 comment:

  1. lol! like a female with a few male tendencies and a penis! Outstanding!!! That sucks however, I thought this book would be really good!

    ReplyDelete