Friday, September 30, 2011

Double Cross by Carolyn Crane


The Disillusionists Trilogy, Book 2

I would just like to start off by saying that I had the time of my life with this book. I would also like to start off by saying that the ending is going to kick you in the ass one really good time and you will love it.

We meet Ez, short for Ezmerelda, who's being held by Otto for some sleepwalking murders. Ez has the ability to burrow into your head during your dreams and influence you even while awake. Because of this, we find out some more really interesting details about Packard and Otto ... This isn't just a tidbit of stuff here and there, this is good vital information about the Packard/Otto feud. Not only are we dealing with Ez, we are also dealing with a group of humans that have been nicknamed The Dorks. They wear thick glasses and are only killing highcaps. These Dorks are indeed connected to the information you get from a dream that Justine has about Packard and Otto.

I really REALLY want to say more but I just can't ... This book was absolutely wonderful. The ending was everything I wanted in a book just because sometimes I can be a real girl, lol. The third book is coming out in December and I'm going to continue biting my nails until I can find out how Justine fairs due to the ending of book 2.


5 Stars.

2 comments:

  1. I hated the ending to this book! But I would read the next one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely understand why you would hate the ending, lol. I had to sit on it for a day before I decided if I loved it or hated it. I realized it was an ending I was hoping for but didn't think I would get.

    ReplyDelete