Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carinian's Seeker by T.J. Michaels


Vampire Council of Ethics, Book 1

When I started this book, I was rather excited as I really fell in love with Dr. Carinian Derrickson immediately. Smart as a whip and passionate about keeping herself healthy, she maintains a rather strong appearance because of all the working out she does. She enters a gym, begins her workout and finds a tall rugged looking dark haired man staring her down. Jon Bixler aka Bix. He's a Seeker which is basically a bad ass vampire killer, who's a vampire. He kills rogues vampires or brings them to justice at the VCOE.

I really appreciated the way Carinian handled herself in the beginning of the book when she didn't want to get fully involved with this man, who apparently found her to be his mate, but once they began getting physical and feelings began to surface, Carin got soft and lost her appeal to me.

It reminds me a lot of If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl ... In the respect that Dr. Keller was a bad ass plastic surgeon who fought vampire Michael Cyprien tooth and nail when they first met, but at least Dr. Keller maintained herSELF even after she'd accepted that he wanted her and she agreed to be his. She never lost herself one bit.

Carinian did ... All of herself. The story was decent but VERY predictable. The sex went on way too long and it just seemed like some of it wasn't needed. I complain a lot about the Black Dagger Brotherhood books but at least the sex scenes were done in a way that I could stomach. They were short to average length and it wasn't overbearing. This was overbearing and too long.

By the end of it, I didn't find anyone in this book interesting and it's a pity too because I bought all 3 books for my Kindle and don't want to read the second. I may simply skip to the third because the Hatstep playboys seem to be fun.


2.5 Stars
IR: Carinian (aa) Bix (w)

No comments:

Post a Comment