Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changing Things Around

I've had Nekropolis and Sins of the Heart on my list for a while and have officially put them down. Nekropolis actually seems as though it should be interesting but it's moving entirely too slow to hold my attention so I'll pick it up again later.

Sins of the Heart started off AMAZING and then dwindled down to pages upon pages of history with a bit of action in between. I realize that back story and info dumps are necessary but my attention is wandering elsewhere.

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms I started a bit after the two above and haven't yet been able to make myself like it. A lot of info dumps have taken place and not much of anything else. One thing did catch my attention but I didn't actually want to continue reading after being bored so much in the beginning.

All 3 I will pick up later.

GREAT NEWS ... Vicious Grace by MLN Hanover and Mercy Blade by Faith Hunter are out and I have them in my hands. I opted out of getting the Kindle version only because I already have the rest of the series on my shelf. I'm starting them today and am incredibly excited.

Also ... On goodreads, I was contacted by Shirin Dubbin, the author of Keeper Of The Way, just to say hi and other random things. She's a very nice woman and I look forward to reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment