Sunday, September 26, 2010

Adrienne by D. Renee Bagby



We begin the story with Adrienne, a black female college senior who is attacked on campus one night and saved by the handsome Malik, the asian king of a kingdom in the Bron universe.

Good Point 1: They didn't fall in love in a day. My major problem with a lot of romances is that they fall in love SO FAST. Not in this book.

Good Point 2: Its a real page turner. From the moment you begin, you can't put it down. I finished it in one day.

Good Point 3: I found her immediately like of Feyr very cute. The same with Rena and Mischief. I loved reading any parts dealing with Adrienne and those three.

Bad Point 1: Not enough action. Malik was supposed to be a super powerful ruler but I got no action until the end of the book.

Bad Point 2: I don't like the time travel but then again I do. Its hard to really decide if I do or I dont. The fact that time travel was used made the ending of the 'fight' too easy. If there wouldnt have been any time travel, I think things would have turned out better as far as the action sequence goes. In contrast, adding the time travel added one of those 'oooooo' moments to the book and I love having those moments.

Bad Point 3: The descriptions were vague. I never got a clear vision of what Adrienne or Malik were supposed to look like. I got a better vision of Feyre than I got of any of the people. As far as Adrienne went, all I got was 'cinnamon brown skin and black hair' while for Malik, all I got was 'Slanted eyes, obviously Asian.'



3 1/2 Stars
IR: Adrienne (AA) Malik (Asian)

No comments:

Post a Comment