Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Kiss of Ashen Twilight by Rae Lori


Ashen Twilight, Book 1

It took me a little bit of time to get into this book because I bought the Ebook and not the print version. That's not always a good idea for me because I like to take books with me. Anyhow ... I'm so glad I read this.

I've had the pleasure of conversing with Rae Lori on my IR Goodreads Group and I've gotta say, she's a wonderful woman.

On to the book ... Ariya is a Fairy Queen from the Aziza Realm and Jace is a Scottish vampire from the Earth realm. The chemistry between the two is like that 'oh hurry up and have sex already' so when they finally do you're like 'oh thank goodness.' Lol. The book seemed really short but then again, I haven't been able to stop reading it since I started it earlier today and I had nothing to do all day, lol.

Spoilers ... There are some people in the Earth realm who basically wiped out Ariya's people in hopes at a shot at her.

During the course of the book, the only thing that bothered me was there was that love formed all too fast. Then again, Im too much of a realist and I have a stone cold heart, HA.

One thing that I loved ... Even though the book lays out Jace as being this really sexy vamp, I didn't get the vibe that he was so dang sexy and that made him very sexy to me. Yes, he was ripped, and yes, he had amazing eyes and yes he probably had the softest brown hair imaginable, but I just felt like he was an average looking guy that likes to work out. However, because of that, he made me happy.

Ariya, being cocoa brown with chestnut hair and a very curvy figure ... I could totally picture a body like that in the corsets she was wearing, BAM that chick was bad!

My hope for the next book is that we see more of the Aziza guards and hopefully Jace goes on a little trip to the Aziza realm. I wonder how that would work out.

Normally, when I read books, I'm so hard on the female because they're always wimps, but not Ariya. Not only is she powerful, but she's strong and unafraid to do anything without consent. She's her own woman, thank goodness!



3 1/2 Stars
IR: Ariya (AA)/Jace(W)

No comments:

Post a Comment