Monday, April 5, 2010

Dark Thirst by Sara Reinke


I had been searching for a long time for a paranormal book featuring a black female 'star' so I was excited about this book and the series. When I bought it, I was disappointed that it was a romance as I'm not really into those. I bought it moreso because of the vampires so I was looking for lots of fangs, necks ripped out and the whole 9 yards. Anywho I liked the book but I found myself ready to skip a lot of it because it was moving a bit slow. But I had to remind myself that this is the first book in a series so a lot of backstory would be in this book. Aside from that, you'll find a character named Lina, who is our centered female. She's a 26 year old black cop while Brandon, our white vampire is a 21 year old deaf/mute but sexy as hell. I didn't really like how into each other they were after about 2 days but it's a book, give a little.

3 1/2 Stars
IR: Lina (AA)

No comments:

Post a Comment