Monday, April 5, 2010

The Becoming by Jeanne C. Stein


Anna Strong Chronicles, Book 1

A friend bought me this book a week before Christmas. She was spot on because she knows what I like to read. I appreciated the fact that it wasn't a textbook romance novel ... No sex scenes ... I was grateful for that. However, I felt the dialogue was just terrible. Anna, the lead character, was actually pretty lame and gullible. The story was alright, I finished the book, but it took me a week to do so ... Im so used to having a book that I can't put down that this disappointed me a little. So yes, the story was alright, the dialogue was terrible and the outcome was predictable. I would recommend it to someone who doesn't read as much as I do, or doesn't expect much from vampire books. I give it 3 stars because 1) I finished it, 2) 'Casper' intrigues me, and 3) I want to find out how she stumbles about being a vampire on her own without the help of the vanquished Avery. I'm hoping the next book is better than the first.

2 1/2 Stars
IR: Boyfriend (Sp)

No comments:

Post a Comment